Friday, February 22, 2008

Self Improvement

Does anyone else have days where you just kind of mope around and want everything about yourself to be better? You wish you were in better shape, you wish you planned good enough to have a great dinner made every night, you wish you could sit down and finish that craft project...in one sitting...etc., etc., etc. Anyways, I've had a few days like that lately, but I suppose I am the only one who can do anything about it.

We are constantly bombarded by a plethora of retail items on how to improve our overall being. All it really takes is some staying power and some will power. I'm going to try to do some kind of exercise each day, even if it's only a little bit. Anything helps. I'm still reading my scriptures every day, haven't missed any day yet, but I need to add more to that, too. I am not caught up on my Relief Society lessons at all, so I guess I could start reading those a little bit at a time. Today I'll probably try to go through my recipe box, which I'm converting into a recipe binder, and get rid of anything that I know I'll never make. I'm a sucker for organizing little things like that, so it should be easy, although somewhat time consuming since I'm typing the recipes up.

It's been raining for almost a full day now, which I know we need, but it makes it so dreary. While running for the car in the Walmart parking lot, a puddle jumped up and bit me in the foot. I thought I was going to clear it by a few inches, but apparently I was wrong. I really hate wet jeans. They take FOREVER to dry.

Anything else to say? Ellerie is becoming quite mobile, while still refusing to actually crawl. It's funny how well she can get to where she's going without moving her little legs. She walks easily along the edge of the coffee table, so I'm thinking she may very well walk before she crawls, which is more common than people think. We'll see what happens. I'm trying to get her used to eating ground up regular food, too, but so far nothing seems to have really captured her true favor. Oh the joys of mommyhood.

Well, I still need to actually get ready for the day. I remember the days of actually being ready and showered by 6:30 am....yeah right!

3 comments:

L said...

how did you get your new layout?

Andrea said...

I like your music and layout! Very nice!

Deidre said...

I have those days more often than not. I whine about being overweight, not having this or that done, and feel depressed...and what about the fact that I could have gotten something done while feeling so sorry for myself?!