- Melt bag of marshmallows.
- Add 3/4 of a bag of powdered sugar to the top of that bowl of marshmallows.
- Dump said bowl on a shortening-greased counter....watch as the worst mess you've ever seen begins to spread out onto your counter...
- You also grease your hands with shortening...don't even think about doing this with a baby by yourself at home. There's no way you'd be able to clean yourself off fast enough to help them.
- Knead said sugar into marshmallows. This is where that abominable snowman of melted marshmallows comes in. Seriously thought I would never have clean, or free to move around, hands again. Add rest of sugar and grease stuff again as needed, in case things start to stick. Like you could possibly avoid it.
- Eventually.....like 10 minutes later eventually, you'll have a nice ball of fondant. You can store it in the fridge for a week or more until you need it.
- To use, cornstarch your counter and rolling pin and roll out to about 1/8" thickness and yada, you get the rest. You will never see a cake look that good again!
This was seriously so gratifying....I guess I like foodstuffs too much for those who don't quite understand my enthusiasm. This is all in practice for Ellerie's magnificent birthday cake, which I know now will be just that. Magnificent. Smooth. Satiny. Delectable. All the things a one year old's birthday cake should be.
That's right. Drool over it. Can you do it better? :)