Thursday, April 17, 2008

A little of this, little of that...

So first off, a few of the latest pictures of the diva in training:



Now on to the nitty gritty. I am participating in the Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa on May 10 here in Athens, so that means I have, as of late, had fabric and all things sewing coming out of my ears for several weeks now. I didn't sew yesterday or today and it was like I didn't know what to do with myself. My sewing machine, however, has some issues, and I just haven't felt like doing it. I still have plenty of time to sew up my inventory, so that's fine. The not so fine part is the fact that to have my machine serviced and realligned or whatever, it's going to cost.....$70 outrageous dollars.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It's true what my mom said...you can almost buy a new machine with the money they charge to get it fixed. I don't really have the extra money floating around to do, either, you know? Ugh. I'll have to search around my circle of friends to see if anyone has experience fixing sewing machines....I doubt it. On to more craziness.
To explain how crazy my May 2008 will be, it goes like this. I am hosting a baby shower for a friend on May 3. I have this craft fair on May 10. I am having Ellerie's first birthday party on May 24. I just found out about a new Athens Farmer's Market that is opening up and they want vendors to sell handmade and homemade craft type stuff...and that grand opening, yes, it's on May 17. If I do that, all of my May Saturdays will be taken care of. Hopefully something truly important doesn't come up :) That's right, family, no deaths, no sudden traumatic experiences, no moving out of the country. For some odd reason, I think I can expect none of that to happen...
I have to reiterate how extremely irritating our elephant-above-us neighbors are. I have taken to slamming our ceiling with the broomstick when the offending noises are more than I can handle. I did it just about an hour ago. It was a delightful and relieving feeling that came over me. And, of course, the noise stopped. I wonder what they think of me. I never have any real contact with anyone in our complex. It's not like living in the BYU quads in Provo...lol really? You mean there's a whole new REAL world outside the walls of the BYU bubble? Yeah, I hate to break everyone elses bubble...:) Anyways, we're moving in August, so I don't really care.
Well, The Neverending Story is coming on right now. I suppose I shall watch the first hour of it before The Office comes on. Finally...I have been so lost without my must-see Thursday night staple.
Sigh.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

She is such a poser. Maybe she'll become a model. Seriously.

Yeah, I've hit the wall with brooms before.

T said...

All my "May Saturdays" are booked too. I hope you can borrow a friend's machine or something instead of having to get yours fixed. I remember when I started sewing for my business my older machine needed to be serviced to the tune of $125. I thought, "Good grief I only paid $250 for it in 1982." But it was a good move. If the machine is your KEY to making money then it has to work! Hope it works out for you. My "Tut" is adorable!

L said...

i bang the floor EVERY NIGHT bc the man downstairs channel flips until 2 in the morning. The noise goes up before it goes down though. Sometimes he yells back...i am pretty glad that I don't have to see him any more in a few weeks.

T said...

Where's your LoveDove Designs link?
Please put it back up - Oh and I love your new header!

Andrea said...

Nice design! Good luck with your Saturdays! I enjoyed The Office last night too!

Deidre said...

We don't talk with our neighbors either. It's weird not being in Wymount. We aren't sure if we should like bring the new move ins cookies or even say hello to anyone in the parking lot.