Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So Yummy I Had To Share!!

So I have been looking for a chili recipe that Matt would actually tolerate longer than one serving (i.e. leftovers, more than once a year, etc.). The recipe I had wasn't actually a written down thing, it was just something that I flopped together each time, and according to Matt, was always regrettingly too full of a "tomato" taste. Albeit chili is a tomato based dish, I know there are thousands of variations on the basic chili recipe, so I set out to find one that might past the taste test of the high and mighty Connors Master.

What I found was great....how I tweaked it worked out great, so I must assume, it's even better :) Matt says he really likes it a lot and he won't mind having it for leftovers tomorrow. Score! You'll probably not believe the "twist" ingredient, but it makes for some tasty food and satisfied tastebuds. I didn't have all the right kinds of ingredients, hence my own "tweaking." Here it is.

Super Duper Chili 2.0

2 lbs. ground beef/sausage/meat (I had two pounds of some steak something that I thought was ground beef, but wasn't...it still worked after I cooked it and put it through the food processor :) )
1 jar (16 oz.) mild salsa
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16 oz.) can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (THE TWIST)
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes and mild green chiles, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 handfuls shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. red pepper

Cook meat thoroughly in deep pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serves approximately 15.

Now people, this is seriously good. I hope at least one or two of my readers (whoever you might be) will try this recipe out and tell me exactly how good they think it is. Surely Matt and I can't have that weird of tastebuds :)

3 comments:

The Connors Master said...

In my defense... We did have the old chili more than once a year and I always ate the leftovers. I just didn't like eating it two days in a row. The new chili is MUCH better and I am greatful for a wife who is willing to change her recepi.

Andrea said...

So I tried it. Well, I didn't have all of the ingredients so I added what I did have. It was pretty good, but I burnt it a little. :( So I'm sure it's better than mine was. I tasted the spoon before I scraped off the burnt junk on the bottom and really liked it. But while eating it for dinner, I tasted some of the burnt bits. Those parts are not so appealing.

Southern Belle said...

I'll have to give it a try.