Thursday, June 12, 2008

Using Leftovers......

So, Ellerie got beaucoups of baby blankets in the two showers that people threw for me. Even after giving some away, we had so many left over. All but a few have been residing in the under-the-bassinet storage, until now. While visiting my family in TN, my mom helped my younger sister make a big dog bed (i.e. glorified pillow). Ellerie apparently thought this was comfy and proceeded to flop down on it several times. I thought I might make one for her eventually. I was playing with her in her room today after we'd gotten home and realized something....all those blankets were just taking up space and not being used....all of my favorite pink ones turned out to be about the same size. I had a bunch of this other fabric that I used for the actual pillow form and then quickly sewed up the two pink pillow covers. One is completely done and shown below...not bad for a couple of hours. And she acutally likes it :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

She looks especially long here.