Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Season 2008

So to warn everyone, this is going to be a long post...full of pictures and descriptions. I guess if you love us, though, you'll stick around for the long haul, right? ;)
I finally got the stockings done, including Bennett's...yay!

Just a fun shot of me taking pictures of our tree....can you spot me?

Ellerie, soon after arriving in TN. She looks pretty cute, huh?

Ellerie and Mimi on our first Sunday in TN.

Daddy just wants some lovies....Ellerie is very particular these days about lovies.

In her Christmas dress that I made; apparently, cats are of vital importance.

Such a doll face...although this picture belies her true impish nature!

A closeup.

Mimi and Ellerie one night before bedtime.

Look - she finally has teeth!!!

Ellerie has grown some courage - she now loves jumping into piles of pillows.

A shot of the TN Christmas tree on Christmas Eve.

Ellerie opening one of her gifts. She finally understands what to do.

Ellerie playing with the dollhouse from Mimi and Ruly.

Playing at a local park on Christmas Day with Ruly. She can actually almost climb that little thing by herself.
Ready for the slide, her favorite part.

There are some more pictures I need to add that family members took, but Facebook is giving me grief and not loading, so those will be in a subsequent post. We got to stay in TN for nine days, so it was a great vacation from being in Athens. We played lots of games, ate lots of good food and actually had all five of my parents kids there at the same time. That probably won't happen again for another few years, so it was nice to see everyone. Matt and I got to go out on a date while Mimi graciously watched Ellerie (she probably would have made us go out every night if we had the money...she loves her Tut). I was actually sick most of the time, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't enjoy myself. Ellerie is sick with whatever I have now, but at least we're home and she can take good naps in her own crib.
We're excited for 2009, especially since Bennett James is on the way in just over 70 days. Time really flew by with this second pregnancy, not that I'm complaining! Ellerie's just dragged on forever....literally. We're going to have a nice dinner and watch some movies for New Years' Eve tonight and maybe try to stay up late enough to watch the ball drop on TV or something. It's amazing the things you think are so important when you're younger...now, I would just love to drop in to bed any given time of the day rather than stay up late at night :) We've had a really good year and Matt is excited to have only one semester left of school. We're already thinking of and applying for some jobs, so this is where it starts to get serious. Hopefully we'll find just what we're looking for.
Until next post!

1 comment:

Grandma and Pop said...

It looks like you all had a great time in Tennessee. Hurray Ellerie! New front teeth! Have a happy new year!