Friday, December 12, 2008

I Rock!!!

So I think that my level of craftiness has officially gone up a notch. I got Ellerie a babydoll stroller at the Put 'N Take table at Enrichment. It still needs a good cleaning with a wet rag, but the other problem has been dealt with. That problem was the seat. It was pretty dirty, and in my own opinion, not the cutest design. So I cut the seat off the frame, took it apart, and used the old pieces for new patterns on a new, clean fabric. I even lined the seat, which was better than the old one. I made ties for the top instead of having it be permanently attached, so should it get dirty again, I can just throw it in the washer. I used the old clip belt, and voila! An adorable new, stylish seat for Ellerie's stroller. She probably doesn't know the difference, but I do :)






7 comments:

"L" said...

definitely better~

Sara said...

that is really cute!

Southern Belle said...

You are amazing! I saw that and almost got it, but we already got her a set for Christmas. I am glad Ellerie likes it.

Amber said...

The stroller looks so cute!
And...in response to Matt's comment on our blog, we DEFINITELY recommend Houston!
I (Amber) grew up here in southwest Houston, my family is close by.
The housing market is great--there are lots of affordable,nice homes. It's the south--it's HOT in the summer time. But it's so nice all winter. And you would have a hard time finding a place that doesn't have a/c and a pool. Yes, hurricanes happen. But not as often as you think, AND it's great incentive to have a good 72 hour kit. We did just fine through Ike.
Groceries and things like that are priced well, gas is pretty cheap ($1.45 currently), there are tons of parks, museums, sports teams, performances, etc. Amazing restaurants are everywhere. Excellent schools.
Lots of walking/biking trails in the suburbs. Not a lot of hard core outdoor activities (like skiing/hiking) but you can get to lots of those (not skiing but hiking) by heading out toward austin or san antonio.
Lots of LDS people. More in the suburbs than closer in to downtown. A temple. We have been really happy here. Hope this helps. If you want more info, just email us at amber[dot]aird [at] gmail[dot]com

joshua said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

Tiffany said...

Hey Nivette!! It's Tiffany Joyner:) You and Matt have such a beautiful little one!! I totally forgot that you two got married!! Please tell your family hey for me, you can send them to my blog! Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas! Love, Tiff :)

...I found you on Kayla's blog

Cris & Brent Wilberg said...

WOW! you done a very good job Nivete.
a late merry christmas to you both!
Tell Matt hi for me ok?