Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Catching Up

Ellerie's been interested in her tummy lately...

He's these big eyes sometimes...

Daddy and Bennett hanging out.

We think the blue eyes are going to stick.

I want to eat him up!!

So sweet...

He does much better on his side we've figured out, and also with pressure against his face.

Peaceful slumber :)
Everything has been going great at the Connors' home. Bennett is pretty much a good baby all the time. After hurdling the first week or so of nights, we've settled into a nice routine of sorts. Bennett is definitely more gassy/burpy than Ellerie was, so he does better when slightly inclined. It's also made me a little more paranoid since I don't want him gagging on spit-up. I know, I know, the chances of babies choking on their puke is small, but you haven't seen him do it....lol. His eyes are much bigger than his stomach and just today he spit up twice enough to where it came shooting out his nose and mouth....soon enough after eating that it was basically still milk and not spit up. So for now, he sleeps halfway on my pillow right next to my face. Like I said from the picture, he likes pressure on his face, so he's up against me and then that way I can feel immediately anything that he's doing/not doing (i.e. breathing...). Anyways, he sleeps so well this way that he has only been waking up once or twice a night to nurse. Granted he is gassy so he's grunting and stuff, which wakes me up a bit, but it's different than being completely woken up to have him eat, you know?
Ellerie is continuing to adapt pretty well. She calls Bennett baby mostly, although she can say Bennett and Ben pretty easily. She likes to "give him pats" on the back, help change diapers (she brings me a clean diaper and the wipes container), turn on his papasan ("He shakes, he shakes!"), and give him loves and kisses (mostly her swabbing him with her mouth, since she doesn't get the concept of the actual kiss or the sound that goes with it). It's all pretty cute. I was able to take a nap today which was great. I haven't seriously needed one since Bennett has been doing well at night, but it was still nice to relax for about two hours.
I have my next sewing project all ready to go. I ordered a bunch of white cloth diapers to use for burp cloths and I have a bunch of "boy" fabric I'm going to use to embelish them. I know I have baby shower coming up, but since I only had 3 or 4 non-girly burp cloths, I figured it was kind of urgent, especially with a baby that actually spits up. Ellerie spit up maybe 10 times....ever. So Bennett has been quite different :) Anyways, I have a few other sewing projects I want to do, including making myself a skirt out of a maternity dress. I bought it for $5, it didn't fit me and I don't think it would even in early pregnancy, so it's going to become a regular skirt since I like the fabric so much. Hopefully that'll turn out. And I'm taking a pair of tan cords that don't fit me that great in the leg and I'm going to try to make a skirt out of it, too. That will probably be the bigger challenge.
Well, that's all I can think to mention right now. I'm going to go feed the ravenous baby....seriously, he really should consider eating a little less. Hopefully the spitting up through the nose won't scar him for life...

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

He's so cute!! I wish I could sleep like that!! YOu're so crafty and creative!!

Molly said...

Both of my girls spit up a ton - Andie was worse as a baby....we would have to RUN in and pick her up to help her get it out - YES - they can choke on it - it was scary. So, by the time Ali was around, we had figured it out - she slept on the bouncy chair inside the pack-n-play. She did a lot better than Andie.

T said...

Thanks for the update and pics. I copies two of Bennett and am sending them to Meema and Nana. He is adorable. He's looking more like Matt but I can't decide about the nose?

Jessi said...

Adorable new pictures! You can already tell he's gonna be such a handsome little man!

Tiff said...

He is so sweet looking. How did you get two precious kiddos?!