Monday, April 13, 2009

A Little Something New

Like I need something else to take away my "free" time....well, I'm doing it anyways. I have started up another blog...not to worry, it's not to replace this one, it's just for something a little different. I'm going to keep this blog dedicated to family and the kids. This new one is going to be about some of the great finds out there....i.e. sewing tutorials, recipes, etc. If it's great, I'm going to try it out and blog about it. Here's the link:

http://fantasticalfinds.blogspot.com

Hopefully everyone who reads here will follow me over and check out the new place. I already have a great recipe up that I think everyone will love, thanks to a friend from church. I need to figure out how to make a cool sidebar thing where you can submit things you think I might want to consider blogging about. I'm only going to deal with stuff I can actually do myself...so, that could be a lot of stuff, not to toot my own horn. But, for instance, I'm not going to put up a picture of some handmade furniture and be like, I think this is a great design, here's how you'd theoretically do it...cause I don't do woodwork...lol. It has to be something in the realm of sewing, scrapbooking, cooking/baking, photography, etc. Anyways, feel free to comment on what you think. I'll be seeing y'all around!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey I left this in the previous post, but wasn't sure if you'd see it. By the way - I like your other blog too! It'll be cool to see where you get all your creative ideas from!

In response to Matt's comment on my blog about dinner time battles:

We put Julia in time out for not eating her dinner too. But I'm noticing that if I give her snacks after 3pm, she's less likely to eat her dinner. (I know 3 hours before dinner, but she must fill up or something.) So I'm trying not to give her any snacks after 3, definitly not after 4. And that means I listen to whining and complaining, but she'll be hungry enough to eat her dinner.

I also like my friends idea of either she eats dinner or a pb&j sandwich or something else more boring. But I have a feeling I'd make the sandwich and she wouldn't eat that either.

Lately breakfast cereal has been a problem too. Maybe I just need to give her toast and she can have cereal later. Maybe she doesn't have much of an appetite in the morning - like her Daddy.