Monday, May 18, 2009

A Quick Update...

I don't have any new pictures right now...sad. It's been crazy since we decided to move to my parents. We've done the move, gotten things organized down in their basement and have been trying to get into a quasi-routine with the kids. I'm guessing Ellerie still thinks we're on vacation or something cause she still mentions Jocelyn, Andie, Wesley, etc. and I feel bad...who knows if she'll ever see them again. Matt has started looking for temporary work while he continues to look for his "real" job. Hopefully something will pan out.

It's a good bit cooler here in TN, or maybe it's just a cool front going across the south. Who knows; either way, it's been nice. It was actually chilly yesterday on the way to church, and we start at 12:30 PM here. Nice :) I'm thinking I might want to overhaul nursery here...but that's another story for another day.

Dad is working on getting "our" bathroom tiled so it's usable again. Until then, it's a jumbled schedule of 4 adults and 2 kids using one bathroom, which is connected to a bedroom, so in actuality, you have to use the entire room at the same time...hopefully we won't be here inordinately long...then I would feel bad. I'm sure my brothers have just been thrilled to have us come stampede their fairy quiet and normal life. I think the dirty diapers alone might scar them for life.

I am missing my life in Athens, even though there are pros and cons to both TN and GA. It was definitely nice to have my own space and friends and plans to look forward to...I know some of the people here, but I basically have to make friends all over again....not my forte most of the time. Oh well. They all know my Mom, so hopefully they'll know a bit about me, and we'll go from there.

Feel free to give me more ammo to feel slightly pessimistic...it's in the air today (which is, ironically enough, quite nice)...I shall try to rise above :)

6 comments:

Molly said...

Glad to hear you made it safely. We went over last weekend and Andie said, "Ellerie?" I said, "Nope, Ellerie moved" It was sad. She has asked about her every day since the birthday party - she had a ball.

Hope you adjust well and remember - it is only temporary!! Hang in there girl!

Erika said...

Oh, you'll do great! Plus you have kids that need friends so automatically you have to be good at tit right ;) To add to the negativity, our car is completely dead (well ok not really but $1800 to fix which our car isn't worth that!) Plus we have NO money for a new one... any good ideas? Oh yeah a migrain has been ruler of my day... I hear you about the pessimism in the air! Miss you! You're going to great!

Say it with a Sign! said...

Its only temporary its what holds me up on days when things are just to tough. Living with others is tough, especially when you aren't used to it, trust me we are there as well. Just remember its only temporary! That phrase alone really helps to hold me over on those days.

Sara said...

I'm with you, making new friends is hard! But I am sure you will make great friends! Good luck to Matt in the job search, we know how frustrating that can be!

Tiffany said...

Things will all work out! You have to get it in your head that, "I'm just going to introduce myself to people and make new friends!". Sounds cheesey, but that's what I have to do...give myself pep talks:) Heath loved living in Athens, and I have good friends who love TN! Adjustment takes time. So give things time and be positive (I know that's no fun:)---You'll find you're happy there before long. ...Now as for your dad, well he might drive you nuts -lol- but you'll make friends!! Wish you the best and tell your parents hi.

The Clanton Gang said...

How cute that Ellerie mentioned Wesley. :) We go through all of his nursery friends on the way to church to get him excited and when he said her name last week, I told him Ellerie didn't live here anymore. He didn't get it and kept mentioning her name. :) At least y'all are close enough to visit!