Friday, June 5, 2009

Getting Ready to YART...

So as a precursor, here's a few pictures from the last few days....of course, cuteness does ensue.


Too bad she doesn't realize she's ON the rainbow...



And now down to more serious business. Etsying has been kind of taking off for me lately. Ever since we got to TN I have been getting at least a few orders a week, which, as it is, is great timing. Etsy is having a YART Sale (Yard + Art = YART Sale) from June 10-14 and I already have one new product planned for that, at an introductory price, but I am on the lookout for more new product ideas. So to any of my readers, what would you love to buy for either yourself or your baby (or a friends') at a relatively reasonable price? I love to figure out small things I can sew quickly and then sell for $10 or under, giving moms cute but affordable accessories and/or gifts. A lot of my stuff is already $10 or under, but I want more! :) One can never have too many good ideas, you know?

Life in TN continues to go well. We've been here a FAST three weeks now and it's been a rather quiet one with both of my brothers visiting our sister out in UT until Monday. Ellerie is definitely in the terrible twos stage, with every day proving to be a constant battle of wills and wailing. She is fast learning the value of a good time out session on the stairs. This is what we get for having an extremely verbal, intelligent and precocious toddler that is well-advanced in many areas...I can't say I knew any of that was coming. I'll take it all for what it is (a learning experience for everyone!) and just hope and pray that Bennett's mellow meanderings in life will meld into his toddler years as well. Hope and pray people...

Matt's job search continues to no avail, at least in the immediate forseable future, but he diligently looks all day (who knew that could entail fulltime hours??!) and is a great help once that clock hits 5 PM....did that come out like I'm actually watching the clock, waiting for the seconds to hit? Oh....that would be my sheepish admission that sometimes I do....I love him all the more for putting up with me/this/everything. He knows that helping me out with the kids helps everyone sometimes, since I keep my sanity by simply creating something out of fabric every few days...yes, my life always comes back around, at one point or other, to fabric...it's sad, sad world we (I) live in. But much must be said for all the de.li.cious. fabric that exists, especially on the dangerous world of Etsy. I read an article some guy wrote...I think he and his daughter would get along really well with Matt and the kids....they called themselves an "Etsy Widower" and an "Etsy Orphan." How true it is...

Anyways, I want to figure out what escape I'm going to make tonight (i.e. what movie we're getting at Redbox) and how we're going to ignore all counsel to live longer (i.e. decide what chocolate masterpiece we're going to consume)...everyone else, enjoy your Friday night.

2 comments:

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

What a wonderful 'rainbow' moment!

Looking for a job can be a full time job! I hope your husbands hard work pays off!

Thank you for promoting the Yart Sale! I look forward to seeing you June 10th!

Michelle-

Andrea said...

I love the rainbow picture! So cute!
Good luck Matt finding a job!
I hope Ellerie starts to calm down. I'm glad Etsy is doing well!