Saturday, December 5, 2009

Forgive the Intrusion....

but this might take up a bit of space in your Google Reader. It's been almost a month since I last posted and per the usual Holiday season excuses, I have been really busy. That said, I have made a checklist of all things to do as far as gifts/projects are concerned (to be completed by December 15th !) and I find that it's had a positive effect on the timeliness of completion. Go figure that reverting back to my extremely organized ways would work again for me :) Anyways, here is a recap in pictures of what we've been up to.

(These are really in the wrong order, but Blogger is being a twit ) )

The snow day is the most recent, that was today. Matt decided to stay home with Bennett while Ellerie and I had a mommy|daughter date to the local Christmas parade. Luckily we got excellent seats under the Barter Theater awning, so the umbrella didn't get much exercise. We brought a camp chair, quilt and snacks, so she was a happy puppy. She really enjoyed watching the fire engines, ambulances, police cars, horses and dogs (those were the things she talked about) and also the copious amounts of candy that was passed out. We also got three tooth brushes (I always find that amusing...). Afterwards, we walked to the Muffin Man Bakery (such a cute name and place!) for a cookie and brownie. She loved sitting at a real table, eating her chocolate chip cookie and watching the cars go down Main Street in the snow. When Matt and Bennett came to pick us up (which I recommend if you can, it was great not having to find a parking place) he said Ellerie had the biggest grin on her face. Apparently she gave him a rundown of our activities once we got home and I was upstairs. I think she had fun :)

I am working on lots of projects right now, as I mentioned before, the most important one being the advent calendar that I am obviously behind on (since it's December 5th!), but I do have figures made for through December 7th, then I am on the chopping block again! I would like to make Ellerie's Christmas dress today since it's a really easy pattern, but that will depend on everything. We'll see what happens.

It was really great to have all of the siblings together for Thanksgiving. We didn't even have a major fight ;) You know how that usually happens when you get everyone together and you realize it's just better when you all don't live in the same house any more for more than a few days? This visit made me kind of wish I lived with them again...but only a little bit guys ;) You know I love you! The kids were doted upon and loved and they are just going to get more of that at Christmas, although with lots more grandkids available, it probably won't be so much. Dad is working on Ellerie's play kitchen as we speak (well not as we speak now...the Florida vs. Bama game is on....come on people!) so I'm excited about that.

Well, I need to go cut out the fabric for that dress. Whilst checking the Florida game now and then. I guess I'll have to multi-task. Multitasking you say? That's what this busy mama is made of!

2 comments:

Grandma and Pop said...

I'm glad you and Ellerie had such a good time at the parade. Christmas parades are so much fun. Does Bennett like the snow?

Jessi said...

I love this post! And I just wanted to say how much I love that you gave Ellerie a shampoo spike!! :0D