Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Long Time Coming...

So we haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth. Things have just been...normal :) I finally got around uploading some of the pictures that have been sitting inside my camera for a few weeks. I have been doing lots of Winter Cleaning lately (cause I apparently just can't wait until Spring...) and that has been occupying a lot of my free time. We've been getting into the groove of our regularly scheduled activities such as library Storytime and such. Matt and I are trying to adhere to a better way of eating (i.e. The Abs Diet) although he's doing it a bit more strictly than I. Overall, we've been doing much better.

Bennett is finally pushing through his first tooth...the little stinker is on the downside of 10 months! Let's hope the other teeth are a bit more mindful of the schedule I wish for! I want B to able to enjoy some real food soon..although he still has a rather decided fondness for rice/oatmeal cereal :) He is experimenting on his own with standing..I catch him doing it a few times here and there each day. He and Ellerie still enjoy playing chase. I think she actually gets a little freaked out/anticipatory when he's coming around the corner and I shout, "He's coming, hide!"

Still a no-go on the potty training. Who's counting, though? I'm just biding my time. Some day it will happen...hopefully before she turns 3. Bennett is FINALLY sleeping on his own in the kids' bedroom...hallelujah! I thought the day would never arrive. It took a heck of a lot LESS time than Ellerie to train him, maybe because he had built-in company to amuse him to sleep :) We put him in the pack-n-play inside their room for about a week, week and a half, and let him get used to the new room and just a little while ago, I took that down and put him in the crib for his first nap there. Ellerie still seems to be awake (mutterings from the other room...) but I guess that didn't bother him. He doesn't even cry now. I had trouble falling asleep the first few nights because there wasn't a baby pawing me to sleep...but now it's much better and I love it :)

Anyways, that's enough for now I guess. I need to check the forecast...I hear tell of another storm coming this way? I really don't want another power bill like the one we just got...but what's a girl to do??

Enjoy the visuals below :)



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara Suman said...

Cute, cute kids. We're with you on the whole potty training thing, Kenna is fully aware of her body but has no interest in the potty. Oh well. My goal is before 3 too! And I thought girls were supposed to be easier...
CUTE kitchen. LOVE it!

T said...

I gotta make my way north soon!

Bethany said...

Carston didn't get his first tooth until he was 11 months, so I know what that's like.