Tuesday, June 1, 2010

better late than never

Well, I can breathe a sigh of relief and wonder what to do with all my free time....haha, yeah right!  Sorry for the huge lapse in posting {well, I guess it isn't too bad} but things are just now starting to calm down.  Here's a pictorial storyboard that I'll explain more about afterwards.







Matt brought Ellerie and I flowers from a volunteers garden.  Apparently they had too many {hooray for us} and they have been "stinking" up the house with a divine aroma.  Bennett is clearly into self-feeding lately, although how much he actually gets away with remains to be seen on a case-by-case scenario.  Obviously, that day he won.

Ellerie has gone and turned three on us...holy moley.  Where has the time gone?  The poor girl is going to think all birthdays are three to four day events what with the way hers was drawn out over an entire weekend.  Her actual birthday was spent finalizing plans for Plumb Alley Day, although we did venture out to Walmart for some handpicked birthday presents and to Babycakes Cupcakery for some yummy {but truly pricey!} confections.  Sunday brought Mimi and Ruly over for a real "sing the song" party.  They also brought over passes to the Hands On Museum - hopefully we'll be able to go soon!  Aunt Kelsey had directions to give Ellerie her old ballet outfit and Ellerie loved prancing around in it.  Monday, also Memorial Day, we went to O'Charley's for lunch and the waiters all sang to Ellerie.  She seemed to love it :)

Plumb Alley Day went well.  I managed to make back my booth fee and then some.  I really wanted to sell more, but something is better than nothing.  I guess I can take it glass half full...now I don't have to sew like mad to create inventory for Sprout Consignment or my Etsy shop.  Thank goodness it didn't rain.  It actually was a slow-bake by the end of the show.  I felt myself nodding off/floating away on several occasions, and I wasn't even in the direct sun.  I gave away lots of business cards, so hopefully my name gets out there more.  Only one month until we go to Florida...we are all very excited.  Another thing to look forward to is the local library's special Tea Party on June 26.  I'm making a dress for Ellerie and one to match it for myself.  I think I might have enough to make a matching doll dress, too....I wonder what kinds of looks we'll get!

The library summer reading program looks to be jam packed with all kinds of fun things to do (the tea party is just one of the "special" events).  They have regular weekly things and then extra things on the side, most of which we'll be able to attend.  Supposedly it gets crowded, but I am not driving out of my way to go to a less crazy venue.  We'll just have fun and go with it :)  We also have a completely packed church play group schedule {through July at least} that includes a visit to a members' farm.  How exciting for the kids!  It looks like they are doing something every week, so I'm going to try really hard to get involved in that.  The busier I stay {within reason} the better I do I find.

Well, it is time for me to take a break.  I've technologically caught myself up now :)  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love all the pics! I really love the flowers. I'm glad that yall have lots of play dates to go to up there! Sounds like you will have a busy summer. Are those passes to the hands on museum here in JC or where you live?

Deidre said...

I kind of felt like I should take days at home to do stuff. But I find that I may get more done when we get out and about during the day or at the very lest is isn't like less gets done. I don't know why that is but I've just now figured it out.