Sunday, October 3, 2010

well.....

So much for writing every week.  I'm not at my own computer right now, so I can't put any of the recent pictures up.  I am quasi-listening to Conference - President Monson is being downright silly....and I love it.  It's nice to have a silly prophet sometimes, you know?  We decided a while back (well, the kids and I) to surprise my Mom for her 50th birthday by coming to Richmond for a weekend visit.  I also planned a small ladies-only surprise party for her, inviting old and new friends.  She was completely surprised and we all realized, it's pretty easy to dupe Mom ;)  It's been fun to see their new place and kind of remember living here {gasp} TWENTY years ago.  Now I can officially say the years are creeping up on me.

We went to Williamsburg yesterday for the first time in a while (for me at least).  They had a bunch of stuff to see for free, so off we went.  We met up with MY grandma, Meema, and she followed us home to stay over the night.  She's already left to go home to Virginia Beach, but the kids had fun getting to know her better (Bennett had never seen her before and Ellerie, only once at six months old).  She brought the kids stuffed animals.  A dog for Bennett, and a frog holding a rose for Ellerie.  Kind of like a frog prince.  We asked her what his name was and she said, "Tips" immediately......lol.  Tips?  Okay.  I have no idea where that came from, but it works, so there you go.  She has carried him everywhere for the past twenty-four hours.

We are staying here through Tuesday morning, so tomorrow will hopefully afford us some more opportunities to do fun things.  I'm gonna check out Chipotle for lunch (haven't been there since 2001, with my old friend Sara Hall Suman, in Colorado), try to go to the zoo our old family friends own and operate {Richmond Metro} if it doesn't rain, etc.  We'll see how much of it happens.  I already go to head to JoAnn yesterday...oh, how I miss it...it's probably best that I don't have one locally, though, if you know what I mean :)  I need to feed one child (Bennett already ate, Ellerie fell asleep upstairs, hence the staggered schedule), so I'm off.  Here's to not being able to really enjoy Conference yet again.  I guess that's what the Ensign is for, right?  {Sigh}

1 comment:

The Turner Family said...

Hope we can catch up on your next trip!!!