Sunday, October 30, 2011

Well, when you get busy with other stuff...

....you forget to blog.  I suppose some things are more important than keeping up with the blog, right?  Here are some pictures...some older than others :)

The work I've been doing on our circa 1950-1960's coffee table.  That big cavity used to hold a broken swivel-out turntable.  There was also an AM/FM tuner, also broken.  It was FUN to gut this table out....lol.  It's not a professional job by any means, but it looks so much better.  Just a few coats of polyurethane to go :)

The only pictures I took at the Time Out For Women event in Richmond, VA.  This is Jericho Road performing on Saturday afternoon.  They were pretty good.

Me and Mom, after TOFW.  Can you really tell that we're related?  Maybe on another day?  :)

A night of haircuts.  Bennett's is the largest pile...and he is on the same schedule as Matt {darkest hair}.  Ellerie wanted a haircut too, so she had a few inches come off.

Freshly shorn babies :)

Bennett took a decent nap, came downstairs and proceeded to take another hour+ nap on the couch.  Ellerie joined him for oh....about five minutes!

Normal and "weird" faces, according to the kids.

Talk about major cloud cover...this was the latest cold front blowing in, right after sunset.

Bennett enjoying some run around time in the gym at church during Activity Days.

Ellerie is never boring!

What I found in the hall bathroom the other day, on the floor.....

Moving furniture AGAIN :)  I made ONE place for all my nice books, my book nook.  The den is a work in progress, but it looks so much better than before...even the before that was a few weeks ago ;)

As you can see, I have been a busy bee.  I love trying out new combinations and seeing how long it'll last...maybe one day I'll find THE combo that I think is good enough to stay for longer than a few months.  Matt has gotten used to it and even said he likes the changes...as long as I don't ask him to help move too many things.  I am looking forward to the last trick-or-treat outing tomorrow night {the REAL Halloween as I explained to the kids, who were, I'm sure, confused after trick-or-treating twice already}, to my ENTIRE family coming out to little ol' Abingdon for Thanksgiving {my first real Thanksgiving hosting gig} and to lots of fun get togethers with friends.

This is the season to be thankful, to do things for others and to just have a good time in general.  I think I have a pretty good start on that.  I just sent my last Valiant 11 off into Young Men's.  Although I thought I would enjoy a few months in Sunday School/Relief Society, Primary needs me to substitute {at least for the rest of the year} for the CTR 6 & 7 class.  All girls and one boy.  It'll be a change-up for sure :)  But I'm excited, and apparently, so are the kids.  That always helps.

Hopefully my next post won't be so long in coming.....HA!

No comments: