Friday, August 12, 2016

I'm back....

When almost three years have passed since you last blogged, you know you're lazy!  I promise we're still alive, but sometimes, priorities just change a bit.

I reviewed my last regular post, and here are the major changes that have taken place since....yikes....2013!


  • Found out we were going to have a girl and welcomed Felicity Blair Connors on March 24, 2014.  She is, for the foreseeable future, our last child.  She's a handful lol!
  • Ellerie has completed first, second and third grades
  • Bennett has completed kindergarten and first grade
  • I ended my service in Young Women's at church and had a lazy jaunt in the nursery.  It was great.
  • Matt got a much needed/deserved promotion and we have moved to Richmond, VA!  He's finally a field director for the Heart of Virginia Council.
Life in Richmond, with family, lots of people, lots of church members, lots of traffic, our very own house....what can I say?  It's completely different than Rocky Mount, NC was.  What readers I have left probably don't even know what we thought of Rocky Mount.  I only wrote one post from that location.  It was larger than Abingdon, but besides the people, we don't really miss it.  We made lots of great friends in Rocky Mount for sure, and I do miss them at times.

It didn't take long for me to receive a new calling in the Bon Air Ward.  I'm the 1st counselor in Relief Society.  I've never served in RS before, except as the secretary out at BYU.  So that barely counts, right?  It has been good so far, and I just taught my first RS lesson ever last Sunday.  It went over great and I don't need to worry about teaching again until next year.....a huge sigh of relief.  It's still not my easiest task.

Ellerie and Bennett are doing great in school.  They are both extremely smart and performed above grade level in everything at the end of the school year.  I can't believe I will soon have a 4th and 2nd grader.  I feel very old sometimes.  Ellerie is quite sassy, but she's a darling when she wants to be.  I am trying to learn more patience in dealing with her.  Bennett is still a sweetheart, but Ellerie can be an excellent teacher, for better or worse, if you know what I mean.  He is still quick to listen, something I wish his older sister would pay attention to.

Felicity....ahh, Felicity.  She was a colicky baby.  That certainly didn't help me continue in the blogging world.  She has had stranger danger since she was 4 months old, although it has greatly improved since about six months ago.  Thank goodness it has, since we live within 15 minutes of Mom, Dad, Lee and her family.  She has no problem with them :)  She is a ball of energy who wants to be doing exactly what Ellerie and Bennett are doing.  Eh-Eh and Ba-Ba she calls them.  She is our latest talker.  She is saying more words each week, but still nothing like Ellerie was talking and even Bennett was exploding with words around 2 years old.  She get into stuff and makes messes...so, totally unlike any toddler I've personally dealt with 24/7.  But we love her to death.  She's pretty much our family mascot.  She is actually the quickest to do something, chore-wise, if I ask Ellerie or Bennett.  They will ignore me, as children do, but she will have started to do the task before they even register that I'm talking to them.  It's hilarious, helpful and frustrating from many different views.  She's also my little chubster.  She was a regular sized baby at 6 lbs. 11 oz., but after the first two weeks, she gained an entire pound almost every week, if not more.  She was huge.  She has definitely evened out, but she's still in the 75% for weight and only 25% for height...lol.

What else....having our own house...it has been lovely and daunting at the same time.  I got to paint to my heart's content, and then some.  I've been able to buy lots of stuff I've always wanted to...and plenty that I didn't want to.  But it's ours.  Our little Connors' Cape Cod.  We have nice neighbors, even if they do mainly keep to themselves.  We hosted an ice cream social a month or two ago that went over well with 41 in attendance.  We have a back deck, so we CAN :)

Well, for now, I'm going to close.  This has been a good study in my typing speed and learning to really type on a laptop again.  I've recently purchased a new laptop as my desktop is over six years old and starting to act its age...lol.  I wanted to have another option before the other one died completely!  Anyway, it's getting late and my fingers are starting to complain.  Although my typing accuracy is getting better by the keystroke.  We'll see if I can manage to keep this blogging thing up at least once a week.  Theoretically, it shouldn't be that hard....